Missions Scholarships and Programs
One of the primary ways Liberty University supports the work of missionary families around the world is by offering tuition assistance to their children. Aid is offered to the children of missionaries serving with Liberty-approved mission agencies.
The Missionary Kid Scholarship (MK Scholarship), established for new students beginning enrollment in the spring 2015 semester or later, is available exclusively for children of missionaries. College-age children enrolling at Liberty University may apply for the MK Scholarship if their parents are currently serving on a foreign mission field outside of the United States with a Liberty approved organization.
To be eligible:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or legally adopted, eligible non-citizen
- Be a new undergraduate resident student beginning first-time enrollment
- You must apply for standard aid through the FAFSA and VTAG application as applicable
- Maintain full-time consecutive enrollment
- Maintain Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress
- Must be a “dependent” under 24 years old
- Must submit an official signed letter from the mission agency confirming the missionary status and field placement (or approved furlough of 1 year or less) by the deadline for Fall 2020 MK Scholarships of March 1 has passed
Items to note:
- The MK Scholarship is awarded to a limited number of students and is highly competitive
- You are required to live on campus all four years of enrollment
- Funding provided to you by your missions organization does not take away from your MK Scholarship award
- Financial Aid awards and outside aid could affect how much you receive
- You can receive the missionary scholarship and use New Student Book Dollars
Under the MK Scholarship, Liberty will provide a full-tuition scholarship per academic year (less other federal, state, and Liberty institutional gift assistance; room, board and fees are not included) disbursed over the four consecutive years of your bachelor’s degree. Award amounts are determined after considering the applicant’s academic merit, financial need, and essay response.
The Fall 2020 MK Scholarship application deadline of March 1 has now passed. If you are interested in applying for the Fall 2021 MK Scholarship, connect with your agency first to verify that your sending agency is pre-qualified. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions about eligibility requirements.
Apply to be an Approved Organization
Evangelical mission sending organizations meeting the theological and financial accountability standards set forth by Liberty may apply to be part of this program by submitting an application. Organizational applications are evaluated and approved on a regular basis, usually it takes 3-6 months until a decision is made. Please email email@example.com to receive more information and an application.
LU Serve International Loan Repayment Program
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Any Liberty University alumnus who intends on serving overseas is welcome to apply, but applicants are encouraged to use this opportunity to focus their service on an unreached/unengaged people group, difficult or unique access places, service within the 10/40 window, or among the least-reached populations from the 10/40 window.
This program designates the repayment total that will be covered on the student loans, but the monies will be disbursed 20% per year for 5 years until the committed balance is completed. If at any point the applicant leaves the field prior to the 5 years all funds committed will be relinquished. For those graduates who meet the program’s qualifications and are approved, payments will begin as soon as they are on the field.
Applicants are considered twice a year by LU Serve International before recommendations are made to the University’s Enrollment Management division for a compliance review and final approval. The review requires that students not be delinquent or in default on any federal student loans and that they keep consistent communication as we reach out throughout the year with updates, encouragements, and requests.
If you would like to receive an application contact LU Serve International via email at LoanRepayment@Liberty.edu.
International Mission Board IMB Discount (LU Online)
Liberty University Online provides a tuition discount program for Liberty graduates who are enrolled in the online Master of Arts in Religion (MAR) program and who have Journeyman status with the IMB. This program provides 100% tuition to eligible students. Students are responsible to pay for the $50 administrative fee. For more details, please visit www.quizzesrus.com/scholarships.